Straightening the Over-curly hair
Hair Straightening is a process of permanently re-arranging the basic structure of over-curly hair into a straight form. Straight hair can be dressed into any desired style. It is also known as hair relaxing. 1Wo basic products are used in chemical hair relaxing, as below:
1. Sodium hydroxide - a chemical hair relaxer and a neutralizer (fixative). It is also known as caustic soda.
2. Ammonium thioglycolate.
Sodium hydroxide has softening and swelling action, particularly on over-curly hair. The relaxer penetrates into the hair and the curls of the hair are re-arranged in a relaxed or straightened condition. Ammonium thioglycolate softens and makes over-curly hair straight. When the hair is sufficiently relaxed, the neutralizer is applied. This stops the chemical reaction of the relaxer.
There are three basic steps for straightening the over-curly hair:
1. Processing: As soon as the chemical relaxer is applied, the hair begins to soften and lose its curl.
2. Neutralizing: The chemical relaxer is thoroughly rinsed out with warm water followed by shampoo.
3. Conditioning: It gives strength and body to damaged hair and protects it against breakage.
The procedure for hair straightening is as under:
1. Part hair into five sections e.g. left nape, right nape, right temple front, crown top and left temple front.
2. Use cold dryer for few minutes to remove moisture on the scalp.
3. Use petroleum base to protect scalp from chemicals.
4. Cover hair-line around the forehead, nape of the neck and area over and around the ears completely.
5. Apply conditioner to the hair before applying the relaxer from hair root to hair ends with fingers. Now apply relaxer ½ " over the scalp. It should not touch the scalp and skin all around.
6. Stretch the strands to see the curls are being removed. Remove relaxer from the area. Then rinse out thoroughly with warm water.
7. Ensure relaxer and rinsed water are away from eyes and the skin.
8. Now shampoo the hair and use a stabilizer.
Spread the Buzzzz.....
Write your thoughts here
|Home | Contact | Blog|
Hair Styles Advice : Short Hair Style | Long Hair Style | Medium Hair Style | Celebrity Hair Styles | Hairstyles for Wedding, Bridal, Prom, Punk, Gothic, Bob, Formal, Kids, Teens, Black People, Men's Hairstyle
Hair Articles || Hair Styles || Hair Problems || Hair Care || Hair Loss || Hair Techniques || Hair & Scalp || Laser Hair Removal || Celebrity Hairstyles-1 || Celebrity Hairstyles-2 || Celebrity Hairstyles-3 || Notable Hairstyles || Beauty Tips || Hair Dressing || Ask Hairstyles || Find Salon || Hair Styling Equipments || Hair Products || Wigs and Hairpiece || Haircut || How to || Beauty and Makeup || Natural Cure
Copyright © 2006-2012 Hair-style-salon.org, All Rights Reserved.